Hiking is a one of a kind exhilarating experience for me. Pushing my physical & mental limits with every step, I view the hikes as a challenge between man and nature. The PNW is filled with rich hikes all around and I felt like a kid in Disneyland when I first stepped foot here. The one mountain that stands apart, appearing right from the license plates to the beautiful horizon views on long drives, Mount Rainier is the crown jewel of PNW and every climber’s dream. I wished that I would tame this 14,411-foot beast one day and my wish is gonna come true this year.
Partnering up with Asha not only give me a chance to train and prep for the big hike by climbing peaks like St. Helens, Mt. Adams and Mt. Baker but also to raise funds to help people in need. I have pledged to raise $1500. Please note my mountain climbing gear, travel, guide and other expenses are self-funded. 100% of the donations to Asha go directly to funding projects and helping people. This raise is very important for a cause, the cause we all climbers are dedicating our climb to.
You can donate using the ‘Donate’ button on the webpage.
Microsoft Employees can also donate via http://give for. Steps are as follows:
- Go to http://Give
- Click on “Give Money”
- Search for organization “Asha for Education, Seattle Chapter”
- Click “Add to Cart” and Continue
- If you have given a check, then select “Gift already made Money/Product/Stock given directly to org)”
- If you want to make the payment now, select “Make a new gift now (Donate online via credit card now)”
- Select “Match with cash” and enter the same amount as above.
- In the purpose you can write “Team Asha Climb 2017: Vinod Kumar”
- Continue and Confirm to complete the transaction; All your Donations are Tax deductible
Or donate via check made out to ‘Asha for Education’. Please include “Team Asha Climb 2017 – Vinod Kumar”– in the notes.