Train. Educate. Empower.
RUN/BIKE/CLIMB WITH ASHA
Team Asha is a premier endurance sports training program organized by Asha for Education (Asha).
- It provides the necessary coaching and support system for both the experienced and beginner athletes
- Team Asha Seattle has three different programs: Running, Biking and Climbing
- Hosts workshops on apparel, nutrition, and equipment
- It raises funds for projects supported by Asha in India
- These programs is completely driven by volunteers who are passionate about the cause of Asha for Education
Share this Page with a friend
Team Asha Biking program is a fundraiser for Asha for Education, Seattle, where participants take part in various endurance ride events like STP, RSVP. Participants experience the unique challenge and inspiration of training for and cycling cross-country, while raising funds for a good cause. It is a true opportunity for tremendous personal accomplishment and a tangible contribution to the cause that can be taken up by people from all walks
Team Asha Climb program is a fundraiser for Asha for Education, Seattle, where participants train all spring and summer for summit attempts to some of the biggest peaks in the Pacific northwest like Mt Rainier, Mt.Baker, Mt.Olympus, Mt. Adams and St.Helens. Participants start with different hiking experiences and by the end of training season, experience some of the unique challenges in glacier climbs and become mountaineers, while raising funds for a good cause.
Facts and Fundraising details
- Team Asha comprises of various professionals in the hi-tech industry, doctors, lawyers, students, stay-at-home moms and accomplished athletes.
- One does not have to be an accomplished athlete, or at peak fitness level to join the team. In fact, majority of our athletes are new to any of of these endurance sports.
- Both men and women participate in our program and range from 22 to over 50 years of age.
- All the money raised through this program gets distributed among 20+ NGOs that we work with across India.
- Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn. We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.
- To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit https://ashanet.org/projects-list/?status=1&chapter=29.
- Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches volunteer to train athletes for no cost and many of them fundraise as well.
- Some of our projects:
Posted by Suhas Mysore Satheesh on Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Some of the employers in the area do company matching. All your donations by their employee can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to raise funds is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your fundraiser for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year before the deadline can be accounted towards ‘fundraising target’. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni. Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!