Hi, I am Harshit Shah and I am running 13.1 miles as part of Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon 2017 this June as part of Team Asha.
I run because they can “Read”
Many kids in India and other developing countries have no idea of the world outside their little hamlets or villages. They are curious, they are hungry for knowledge and education. Asha with great team of dedicated volunteers has been doing amazing work at grass roots level to provide necessary tools and support to various projects across India.
Doing our part for this great cause through charitable contribution will continue to drive Asha’s mission to rejuvenating the entire community these children live in and holistically improve not just their own lives but those of their families as well. Asha is a “Zero overhead” organization, completely driven by volunteers (including the administrative expenses) ensuring 100% of your donations are sent to our partner groups in India.
That picture on side ===> is me a decade back running Marathon Relay. I will run with thousands of fellow Rock n Roll runners on June 18th this year and will match dollar-to-dollar every contribution you make to Asha.
How can you help?
There are 3 ways you can make a donation, however small it may be.
- On this web-page by clicking “Donate” button.
- By cheque – Make checks payable to “Asha for Education”, with memo: “Team Asha Run 2017 – for Harshit Shah” [ Address is on seattle.ashanet.org website]
- (For Microsoft employees) through http://give
- Go to http://give , Click on “Go to My Giving Portal”
- In the Find a Cause box, Search for “Asha for Education – Seattle Chapter”, Donate Now
- Fill in your donation details.
- Add “Team Asha Run 2017 – for Harshit Shah” in the comments