I have signed up “Mt. Rainier Charity Hike 2017” with Asha along with 20 hikers to support “Asha for Education” to raise money for underprivileged children and women in India. All your donation will go towards Asha. Absolutely 100% of your donation goes directly to fund projects in India. Asha volunteers pick up the administrative cost and act as stewards for projects which Asha supports.
All hikers including me have paid for the guide and equipment cost for this hike. Since February 18, 2017, we have been training every weekend whatever the weather condition is.
What is Asha for Education?
Asha for Education is a non-profit voluntary organization dedicated to socio-economic change in India mainly using the medium of education for young children.
My goal is to raise funds for programs supported by the Seattle chapter of Asha for Education. “Climb for Asha” is one of the programs that places special emphasis on the GRAVIS project. The GRAVIS project works to improve the lives of villagers in the Thar Desert of Western India, by
- focusing on schools for child and adult education. $10 funds a child’s basic education for one month!
- creating self-help group for women
- establishing water harvesting wells
- organizing health camps
Why do I want to climb?
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves” – Sir Hillary
This quote sums up my entire hiking/mountaineering experiences and forms my vision for the future.
Sound interesting? Want to donate? Well here goes:
You can donate using the ‘Donate’ button on this webpage.
Microsoft Employees can also donate via http://give for. Steps are as follows:
- Go to http://Give
- Click on “Give Money”
- Search for organization “Asha for Education, Seattle Chapter“
- Click “Add to Cart” and Continue
- If you have given a check, then select “Gift already made Money/Product/Stock given directly to org)”
- If you want to make the payment now, select “Make a new gift now (Donate online via credit card now)”
- Select “Match with cash” and enter the same amount as above.
- In the purpose you can write “2017 Asha Climbing Program – for Narendra Parmar“.
- Continue and Confirm to complete the transaction
Or donate via check made out to ‘Asha for Education’. Please include ‘Team Asha Climb 2017 –Narendra Parmar’ behind the check (let me know when you donate via check to help me track the payment).
This is just the beginning of my self-conquest as I continue to keep climbing!
Thank you for reading