2020 is turning out to be a challenging year to say the least! The COVID-19 pandemic has created such a havoc in all our lives and is affecting us directly or indirectly in more than one ways. Having said that, a lot of us are fortunate to continue working and have a sense of normalcy in such trying times. However, same cannot be said for our Asha Projects across India which are suffering due to loss of critical financial support that they receive through our various fundraising efforts.
Owing to COVID- 19, the 2020 Seattle to Portland (STP) bike ride is cancelled. This ride is the pillar of fundraising efforts for the Asha Seattle Biking Team. The cancellation of 2020 STP and its associated fundraising, has put a serious kink in the financial stability of our Asha Projects.
Therefore, considering all the restrictions and guidelines, Asha Seattle Biking Team has created “Centurion Challenge,” a collective fundraising effort to contribute and sustain the projects thru these difficult times!
We invite “You” to join the Asha Biking Team to work towards a collective fundraising goal! Here are the challenge goals:
Fundraising goal: $30,000
Target Mileage goal: 10,000 miles
Target elevation gain: 500,000 feet*
*that is about 16 times climb of Mt. Everest!
The first round of fundraising is scheduled from Friday, June 12th, 2020 to September 12th 2020.
Signing up for this challenge has never been easier. Here is what you do:
- Let us know if you want to participate in this challenge by commenting below.
- Track your progress with indoor/outdoor rides and log in your miles/elevation using Strava. Join the Team Asha Seattle club on Strava (https://www.strava.com/clubs/TeamAsha) to get updates and share the team progress in order to raise funds.
- If you choose not to use Strava we will help you with alternative ways to track your progress. Team Asha volunteers will keep you posted on this.
- If riding outdoors, please follow the social distancing and health guidelines as appropriate to your geographical area.
- Spread the word about this fundraiser and reach out to your social network thru Facebook or other channels of your choice.
Each Dollar we raise will help us to collectively achieve our goal! Stay Safe, Ride Hard, Change Lives!
Asha Seattle Biking Team
About Asha for Education:
Asha for Education is among the top 1% of nonprofits in the USA which are rated 4-on-4 stars and received a perfect score of 100 on Charity Navigator. Asha operates with very minimal overhead. 97% of your donations go to benefit the education of underprivileged children in India.
Education in India comes with a lot of diverse issues. The problems in this sector esp in under-served communities need local solutions. Asha for Education works closely with multiple grass-root level projects in India striving to bring a change in the local communities. The projects include
- home and education for orphaned children
- improving the quality of education in government schools using innovative teaching-learning methods incl technology
- support for the education of special needs children
- care and education for children rescued from or at-risk of child trafficking
How can you help?
Our volunteers and projects need our support now more than ever to continue to help these families. PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO THOSE IN DESPERATE NEED: An amount of 40$ – will help provide dry ration for a family of 4 for 1 month.
- Credit Card: Please click the ‘Donate’ button on this page
- Check: Please write the check, in favor of “Asha For Education” and mention “2020 Asha Biking Team, Seattle” in the memo field. Please send the check directly to:Asha for Education, Seattle Chapter,
PO Box 398080
San Francisco, CA 94139 – 8080
Company Matching: You can double the impact of your donation by getting it matched from your company. Most of the companies match donations by employees to Asha for Education. Please check with your company and let us know. Asha will then contact your company. All donations are 100% tax-deductible (Tax Id 770 45 9884).