“I have been a part of Asha for Education (Asha) since 2016 when i registered to ride for Asha to complete the 200 mile STP bike ride. I continued my quest to do more in the outdoors, and ran for Asha the Seattle half marathon in 2016. Again in 2018 i climbed for Asha and summited Mt Baker. All these years I was training hard and achieving these goals, the mission was always to raise funds for Asha and help the underprivileged children in India. This year I will be summiting Glacier Peak in August, and once again I am reaching out to you my friends, my colleagues and my family to support me in my quest and raise funds for Asha. My goal this year is to raise $750. Please visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/asvin.mandadi to see my continued training efforts. I am motivated to keep good health and accomplish biking, running and climbing goals each year. Asha’s biking, running and climbing programs allow me to make the connection between self fulfillment and selfless service. Thank you for your support and your generous contributions for Asha.”
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
In this time of unprecedented crisis, our volunteers on the ground, at great risk to themselves, are taking enormous efforts to help the needy. Some of these include:
- Our volunteers in Varanasi are distributing survival essentials to hundreds of families under lockdown! They also ensure the government schemes reach the most rural communities.
- 250+ families belonging to the Musahar, Dalit and other backward communities in Nagepur, Uttar Pradesh were provided with essential supplies for one month.
- 300+ underprivileged communities in Bhilai, Chattisgarh were provided with dry ration and several people who were on the road walking to their villages were provided with meals.
- 100+ families mostly comprising of daily wage laborers, transgender communities in Tirlokpuri, Delhi who do not have a ration card were provided with dry ration for 1 month.
- 500+ families of migrant laborers in Kanpur were provided with dry ration for a month.
About Asha for Education:
Asha for Education is among the top 1% of nonprofits in the USA which are rated 4-on-4 stars and received a perfect score of 100 on Charity Navigator. Asha operates with very minimal overhead. 97% of your donations go to benefit the education of underprivileged children in India.
Education in India comes with a lot of diverse issues. The problems in this sector esp in under-served communities need local solutions. Asha for Education works closely with multiple grass-root level projects in India striving to bring a change in the local communities. The projects include
- home and education for orphaned children
- improving the quality of education in government schools using innovative teaching-learning methods incl technology
- support for the education of special needs children
- care and education for children rescued from or at-risk of child trafficking
How can you help?
Our volunteers and projects need our support now more than ever to continue to help these families. PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO THOSE IN DESPERATE NEED: An amount of 40$ – will help provide dry ration for a family of 4 for 1 month.
- Credit Card: Please click the ‘Donate’ button on this page
- Check: Please write the check, in favor of “Asha For Education” and mention 2020 Climbing, Seattle in the memo field. Please send the check directly to:Asha for Education, Seattle Chapter,
PO Box 398080
San Francisco, CA 94139 – 8080and drop me an email
Company Matching: You can double the impact of your donation by getting it matched from your company. Most of the companies match donations by employees to Asha for Education. Please check with your company and let us know. Asha will then contact your company. All donations are 100% tax-deductible (Tax Id 770 45 9884).