I enjoyed biking as a kid and realized what could be better than combining biking with a great cause of supporting education for kids in India. I will be biking 205.5 miles from Seattle to Portland this year on July 13th & 14th. This is going to be my first long distance biking and I am super excited. I am very fortunate as I am training with Team Asha. The volunteers pour their heart in ensuring that newbies like me are feel confident, learn the right skills and enjoy the bike rides around the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Along with supporting a great cause, I am challenging myself to more active and my biggest supporters are my daughters and my husband.
I come from a family which values and supports education. My father worked very hard, studied under streetlights and at friend’s home as his family had limited means to support his education. He was able to make a difference in his and his family’s life because of his education. I firmly believe that education can transform lives and uplift societies. Every child has a right to education.
My goal this year is to raise $500 (before company matching) for Asha for Education. I would appreciate your help in reaching this goal. No amount is small, and your donation will go to funding the projects in India.
Why Asha for Education?
Ways to donate:
- On this webpage by clicking “Donate” button. Remember to mention “2019 Asha Bike Program – for Ratna Sheth
- (For Microsoft employees) through http://give
- Go to http://give
- Click on “Go to My Giving Portal”
- Click on “Make a Donation”
- In the Find a Cause box, Search for “Asha for Education – Seattle Chapter”
- Click Donate Now
- Add “2019 ASHA Bike Program – for Ratna Sheth in the comments