I had never ever biked more than 10 miles in my life, I remember riding on my hybrid bike a couple of years back in Sammamish River Trail, and feeling absolutely miserable after the first 6 miles. This year I am trying to test my limits and really trying to increase health awareness and motivating my family and friends to do the same – I am attempting the 204 miles “Seattle to Portland” ride on July 13-14th. But I am not doing this alone – I am doing this with a great set of like-minded people in partnership with the non-profit organization Asha. Asha is a non-profit organization that aims to spread education in India. Together, we’re raising money to support educating underprivileged children in India. Any donations towards the cause will go a long way in terms of supporting the kids and motivating me to do this.
Why Asha for Education?
Asha is a “minimal overhead” organization, driven by volunteers (including the administrative expenses) ensuring that more than 95% of your donations are sent to our partner groups in India. Asha for Education has consistently secured a 100% rating on Charity Navigator, a well-established database that evaluates non-profit organizations on the basis of transparency, accountability and financial parameters.
Asha for Education is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. The donation you make is tax deductible.
How can you help?
You can help by making a donation using one of the following ways.
- On this web-page by clicking “Donate” button.
- By cheque – Make checks payable to “Asha for Education”, with memo: “Team Asha Bike Program 2018 – for Vijay Krishnan”
- (For Microsoft employees) through http://give
- Go to http://give
- Click on “Go to My Giving Portal”
- Click “Make a Donation”
- In the ‘Find a Cause’ box, Search for “Asha for Education – Seattle Chapter”
- Click Donate Now
- Add “Team Asha Bike Program 2018 – for Vijay Krishnan” in the comments