This summer I wanted to do something challenging, explore the outdoors, and improve my overall fitness. As part of a personal challenge, I am attempting a 204-mile Seattle to Portland ride (STP) on July 14th-15th 2018.
While researching training groups for STP, I had to look no further than Team Asha – Seattle – which not only trains individuals for programs like running, biking and climbing; but also makes a positive difference in the life of thousands of underprivileged children in India. Asha for Education (Asha) is a volunteer-led non-profit organization. Learn more about projects by Asha on Ashanet.
I have been training with Team Asha almost every week since March towards the goal to completing STP and to raise awareness about their cause. Any donations will go a long way in terms of supporting the cause.
Why Asha for Education?
Asha is a “minimal overhead” organization, driven by volunteers (including the administrative expenses) ensuring that more than 95% of your donations are sent to our partner groups in India. Asha for Education has consistently secured a 100% rating on Charity Navigator, a well-established database that evaluates non-profit organizations on the basis of transparency, accountability and financial parameters.
Asha for Education is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. The donation you make is tax deductible.
How can you help?
You can help by making a donation using one of the following ways:
- On this web-page by clicking “Donate” button.
- By cheque – Make checks payable to “Asha for Education”, with memo: “Team Asha Bike Program 2018 – for Anuj Malhotra”
- (For Microsoft employees) through http://give
- Go to http://give
- Click on “Go to My Giving Portal”
- Click “Make a Donation”
- In the ‘Find a Cause’ box, Search for “Asha for Education – Seattle Chapter”
- Click Donate Now
- Add “Team Asha Bike Program 2018 – for Anuj Malhotra” in the comments