I feel privileged and fortunate that my parents could afford to send me to school, to college, and to have me educated. You and I can attest to the fact that Education is both the means as well as the end to a better life. Without education, people get caught in the inter-generational cycles of poverty and backwardness. Seven decades have passed after independence but still, India struggles to achieve a literacy rate of over 90%.
I am passionate about biking and I am embarking on my first interstate ride – 205.5 miles from Seattle to Portland on July 14-15, fondly called the STP.
I am riding for Team Asha to support a cause which is dear to me – Socio-economic equality through the education of underprivileged children.
My goal is to raise $500.
How can you help?
Every cent counts. To put into perspective – $20 can support one student for an entire month including school fees, books etc. (Premium Netflix subscription costs $15.39 per month including tax)
You can help by donating in one of the following ways:
- Click on the “Donate” button on this page.
- For Microsoft employees interested in donation matching through employee Giving program
- Go to https://microsoft.benevity.org/cause/840-770459884/project/2KX6ZEP1N3 and login using your corp account
- Click “Donate Now” and fill out the desired donation amount and frequency
- Check the “Leave a comment” check box and add “Team Asha Bike Program 2018 – for Karan Nandwani
- By check – Make checks payable to “Asha for Education”, with memo “Team Asha Bike Program 2018 – for Karan Nandwani” and send it Asha for Education, PO Box 398080, San Francisco, CA 94139-8080
Thank you for your support!